Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy Monday!

Hey there blogging world!! It looks like I'm doing pretty good so far on my New Years resolution of blogging more because my last post was 4 days ago, not 4 months ago! I'm also doing pretty good with another resolution. Today I hungout with a friend from high school that I haven't seen in at least 4 years. She has a 3 (almost 4 year old) daughter that I never met today so I know it has been at least 4 years since I saw my friend last. I'm really glad that I got to see her today and I hope we continue talking and hanging out. As I mentioned in my last post, I need some good friends in my life so I'm glad that I got at least one of them back!
So my friend, her daughter, and I did some errands today. My fiancĂ© and I got some money for Christmas and I wanted to use that to do some grocery shopping. So of course, I waited until I saw the best deals in the ads and I couponed!! I saved 54% at the first store and 41% at the second store. I'm no "Extreme Couponer", but I'm still saving money so that's all that matters!! I got us a bunch of frozen vegetables, some pizzas, toaster strudels, meat. Oh, and the best deal I got was 5 General Mills  cereals for $5!! They had a deal that if you bought 4 you would get $2 off. Then I had a coupon for $1 off 2 and another coupon for $1 off 3. So once you put that all together, it came out to be $1 for each cereal!!
Well, that was about the extent of my day. I also stopped at Barnes and Noble to use a gift card. I didn't know what I was going to get because I read all of my books on my Kindle. So I decided to get some kids books that I can have in my future classroom. I ended up getting Dear Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Cleary, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Ronald Dahl, and two books from the Magic Tree House series: High Tide in Hawaii and Tonight on the Titanic (because I love Titanic!!!) Have a great rest of your night everyone!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)