Friday, July 20, 2012

302 Days to Go!!!

It’s hard to believe that my wedding is about 10 months away!!!! In fact, exactly 10 months from now I will be married and on my honeymoon!!! And you know what the sad part is, we’ve been engaged for almost 2 years now and only have our venue and photography booked. And I have my dress! So we still have a lot of planning to do!!! I’ve been saying that a lot of that planning was going to get done this summer, but now I’m not too sure. Once I start student teaching at the end of August, there isn’t going to be any planning going on until the middle of December. Some things can probably wait until then, but we probably want to have most of our vendors booked before then, which means we should probably get them booked by August.

Here is the list of things we still need to book:

1. Officiant- I think we are going to have the mayor of our town marry us because my dad and step-mom know him. I just need to call him sometime to see if he is still available on our wedding day.

2. DJ- This is something we definitely want to book soon so that we can actually find one who is available. We met with someone who could do a 6 hour ceremony and reception for $650. And my mom knows some lady that could possibly do it so I’ll have to call her to see how much she would charge.

3. Cake- I think we are going to have the cake made at my work because the price is nice and I would get a discount!

Those are the 3 main things that need to be done still. I didn’t put catering in that because we have been thinking about doing that ourselves. We’ve had a few family members who said that they would help us make the food if that would be cheaper than getting it from somewhere. So I’m going to need to do some research and see if it actually will be cheaper.

Another thing we are skipping is the “Save the Dates”. We've been engaged for almost 2 years already and figure that everyone who we are going to be inviting to the wedding already knows we are getting married. So we are going to save some money and just send out the invitations a little bit earlier than you normally would to make up for not sending the “Save the Dates”.

So, that’s about all that’s going on for the wedding planning. Next week I only work on Thursday, so I’m going to take the extra time I have off to start looking more into wedding stuff. For now, I’m going to look at my Wedding ideas board on pinterest and decide if I’m going to actually use any of the ideas I pinned on there. Have a great Friday everyone!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)