Thursday, June 21, 2012

We might be getting a…

So, after doing some thinking, my fiancé and I decided that we might be buying an above ground pool!!!! I decided that I have enough money in my savings account to take some out for a pool. My fiancé buys a lot of the things we have, so since this is something that I mostly want, we decided that I would pay for it. The only thing holding us up from actually going out and buying a pool would be the borough. I called them this morning right when they opened and left a message. I didn’t hear back from them all day so I had my fiancé call them and again, he had to leave a message!! I just don’t understand why there is only one person in the building that knows what the regulations are. In a town close to us, their regulation is that you don’t need a fence if the pool is 4 ft or higher. That is what we are hoping it is where we live because we don’t want to have to build a fence.

Even though we aren’t 100% sure that we are getting a pool, I’ve been doing some research about how to maintain a pool. It doesn’t seem as bad as I thought it would be. Basically there is a 4 step pool care program that HTH has for you to follow: balance, stabilize, shock, and prevent algae. You test the water everyday and add either pH Plus or pH Minus, depending on which one you need. Then you sanitize by adding the chlorine tablets. The next step is to shock the pool once a week. And lastly, use a preventative algaecide once a week. I know that it is going to be a lot of work to keep the pool clean, but it will definitely be worth it!! I will definitely be in it every single day (unless the weather isn’t nice enough for it). Do you have your own pool? What tips do you have for a first time pool owner? Leave me your comments and have a great rest of your Thursday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)