Tuesday, May 29, 2012

So You Think You Can Dance!

Season 9 of So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD) has begun!! I didn’t really get into the show that much last year, but I’m going to try to get into it this year. I was never really a fan of dancing before this show began back in 2005, but now I kind of am. And even though I can’t dance, it is still awesome to watch! And there is one dance that I am always going to remember. The song was “Bleeding Love” by Leona Lewis. You have got to check it out because it was amazing!!! You have got to check it out!!

The auditions started out in NYC! Amelia Lowe is up first and I’m not too sure about her. She made it though, so that goes to show what I know about dance. Sometimes there are dancers that I don’t like, but the judges do. They’re the experts, so I guess they know what they are talking about. But then there are others that it is obvious that they can’t dance. It is funny to watch those!

Toshihiko Nakazawa is next and he is different. I think he has talent with all the hip-hop and free-styling he did, but I don’t think he’s right for the show. The judges saw something in him and are going to let him stick around for the choreography part of the auditions. When they are on the fence with putting someone through to Vegas, they have them do some choreography  as a big group and then decide based on that. Oh, and during this round, they dance with partners. It turns out that when they showed the choreography round, Toshihiko gave up because he couldn’t lift his partner. I knew he wasn’t cut out for the show.

So you know how I said there are some people that it is obvious they can’t dance? Well, Austin Freeman is the first person of the evening that thinks he can dance, but he can’t! He does a dance that he created called Mr. Wiggle. Is this guy serious? All he is doing is wiggling his legs back and forth. I can’t believe he calls that dancing!

Next up they go to Dallas and the first contestant who catches my attention is Bree Hafen who is a mom of a 2-year-old and 5-year-old. Nigel brings her kids closer to the stage and has them sit in her chair during her audition. She is really good!! Nigel had her son walk on stage as she was dancing to hand her the ticket to Vegas! That brought a few tears to my eyes!! Then Nigel had them put on some music to let Bree’s daughter dance! At 2 years old she is such a wonderful dancer!! I had to rewind my DVR and watch it again!! Here is the video so you can watch this if you haven’t seen it!! She is just adorable!!!

Daniel Baker is another contestant that I thought was really good. He is a ballet dancer originally from Australia but he currently lives in San Francisco and performs with the San Francisco Ballet. And he got a ticket straight to Vegas! Since he is used to dancing alone, it will be interesting seeing him dance with a partner.

So I’d really like to know why this guy is auditioning for the show if he doesn’t care for the show. He said he doesn’t need a gimmick, yet he came with a hamster outfit and they showed him dancing around in it. Umm, I think the hamster outfit would count as a gimmick. If you don’t like the show, don’t waste the producers time auditioning!! His audition spot could have been saved for someone amazing! But I guess we’ll never find out who could have had his spot because he wasted their time.

The last contestant of the night is Jarell Rochelle whose mom has an eye disease that is making her go blind. Nigel asked if she could see from where she was sitting in the back of the audience and she said she couldn’t, so he had her come up and sit in his chair. I thought he was one of the best of the night!!

The first week of auditions is over. Tomorrow night they head to Los Angeles for more!! Leave me your comments! Have a great Tuesday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)