Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Recap

I’ve had a pretty busy weekend!! Friday night I worked a 4-hour shift and then I did the same thing on Saturday afternoon. I came home, made dinner, ate dinner, then worked on school work. Today, I didn’t work until 5:30 so I had all day to do whatever! Well, my fiancé and I decided to go to Lowes and here is what we bought…100_4122 Yup, we got some gardening things!! And when we got home, we decided that we couldn’t wait and wanted to start working in the garden right away. If you remember from this post, me, my fiancé, and my dad dug up the sod from the garden a few weeks ago. The next step was to get a rototiller to till the soil. We didn’t want to buy or rent one because it’s expensive. And if we would have gotten a rototiller anyway, we probably would have broken it! As we were digging through the soil, we found a bunch of rocks and roots! Yeah it will take us longer to do it without a rototiller, but it’s a lot cheaper!
Here is the semi-before picture (Note to self: take pictures before starting something, not right after)100_4123
We just focused on the one side of the garden. Before going to Lowes to get our supplies, my fiancé measured it and it is 16 ft by 10 ft!!100_4124
  Just so you could kinda see what the soil is like, I took a picture of me holding some soil and it falling out of my hand. It is so soft and workable! 100_4127
  As I mentioned before, there were a ton of rocks in the soil. I kept the bigger ones and put them in a box. I’m planning on doing something with them, but I’m not sure exactly what yet. I think I’ll check out Pinterest and see if I can find any ideas on there.100_4129
   One more picture…here is what the garden looks like now. You can definitely tell the difference between both sides of the garden. (If you can’t tell, the right side is the side we just worked on)100_4132
So now, since I’m on spring break this week and because the weather is supposed to be gorgeous this week, I’m going to try and get out to the garden a little bit so I can keep working at getting more of those dang rocks out of it.
That was my weekend…so what exciting things did you do this past weekend? Leave me a comment and let me know!!!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)