Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Geocaching!!!

So…like I said I would do in my last post, me, my fiancé, and my friend decided to walk down to the park since it was so nice out. And we also decided to go geocaching!! A few of my friends have gotten into it recently but I haven’t had the chance to go with them, so tonight was my first time geocaching. My fiancé has a Droid so we used a GPS app on there to find the geocaches. (Check out www.geocaching.com to learn about Geocaching and what it is if you’ve never heard of it). At first, we were just using the maps app on his phone and it wasn’t very accurate. We tried to go to the place it was telling us the first one was, but it wasn’t there. So then we used the clues that we got from the site and we found it!!!

Me with my first geocache find!!100_4073 

We saw that there was another one in the area so we decided to try and find that one. This time, my fiancé downloaded a GPS app. This app worked a lot better than just the maps app. It got us really close to the geocache which my fiancé actually ended up finding.

Here he is with his first geocache find!
100_4079

He was trying to do the whole “flashlight under your chin” thing, but you can’t really tell because the flash lit it up.

So there ya go, our first geocaching adventure!!! When I got on the site to log our 2 finds, I found there there are 1 or 2 more in the area we were in tonight. So we will have to go back sometime to find the other two!! If you haven’t tried geocaching yet, you need to!! It is so much fun and addicting!!! I can’t wait to go on my next adventure!!

1 comment:

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)