Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A year and 8 months away!!!

Hello blogger world!! I sometimes forget that I even have a blog!!! And I just can’t seem to come up with anything to blog about these days. I’m too busy doing school work to think about anything else!!! Yesterday I went and filled out paperwork for my new job! My orientation is next week and I can’t wait!!

Let’s talk wedding plans…I don’t do that much. I’m not planning at the moment because I’m too busy doing school work, but I have been thinking about the budget recently. I’m starting to think that it is going to be impossible to save the amount of money we need! I have a sheet that lists all of the things we need for the wedding and the estimates of what each thing is going to cost. I have the estimates for most things but there are a few things I don’t know how to estimate what they will cost. Without those minor things, we’re at about $16,500!!! That is a lot!!! We already booked the venue for the ceremony and reception and the photography. For everything else, we are going to go as cheap as we can!!! My fiance and I were talking about it last night and he said something about getting a loan to pay for stuff. I don’t want to be paying off my wedding for years after it!! So I’m going to do everything I can to save as much as I can!!

So to do that, I have to come up with a plan. First I am going to have to make up a budget for myself. Starting on Sept. 18th, I started keeping track of my necessary purchases throughout the month including gas, car insurance, and my cell phone. Then, when I start my new job, I’m going to keep track of what I make in a month and then I’ll be able to get a better idea of just exactly how much I can save for the wedding each month. I can’t believe that we have about 1 year and 8 months till the wedding!!!! A few months ago it sounded like it was so far away and we had so much time to save, but now it’s getting closer and closer!!!!

What tips do you have to help save for a wedding? I could use any tips you have, so please leave me a comment! Thanks and have a great Tuesday everyone!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)