Wednesday, May 18, 2011

And then there were 3…

I can’t believe we are down to the final 3!!! And James isn’t there :( It should have been Haley that left!!! Or Scotty! But definitely not James!!

Scotty starts off the night with “Amazed” by Lonestar. I love this song and think that he’ll sound great doing it! And he did. But yet again, Scotty sounds good with any country song.

Next up was Lauren singing “Wild One” by Faith Hill. This wasn’t one of my favorite performances from her, but I thought it was alright.

Haley finishes up round 1 singing a Led Zeppelin song. Apparently she is the 2nd person (Adam Lambert was the 1st) to sing Led Zeppelin on Idol. If you’ve read my blog before, you know my feelings on Haley. Yes I like her now more than I did a few weeks ago, but I still don’t think she should be here.

Round 2…they are going to show the contestants’ auditions. It’s so weird to see their auditions now because it seems like that was forever ago!! Scotty sang “Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not”, which is also a good song! I liked this one better than the first song. It was a perfect song choice for him!!

Next up is Lauren! I loved her audition!!! I loved how her parents came into the room and she sang some of “I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing” with Steven. She was only 6 when she first watched Idol!! Wow!!! That is still just really mind blowing that she was that young!!! I was 11 the first time I saw Idol, so that isn’t as young as Lauren. She is singing “If I Die Young” by The Band Perry. This is a great song as well and she sounded amazing! I really think she could win it all!!

I don’t remember Haley saying that she tried out for season 9 and made it to Hollywood.l I’ll have to see if I can find any footage of when she was on season 9. She sang “Rhiannon” which I had  never heard before. I didn’t like it. But how much do you wanna bet the judges are going to love it? And they did, they loved it.

So I could have done without the Beyonce video. My fiancé asked me if we could fast-forward it. I wish we could have!!

Scotty sings his last song of the night. I’m not much of a fan of it. But to be honest, I think he sounds the same in every single song he does. I still like him, I just don’t think he changes it up that much.

Lauren’s last song is “I Hope You Dance” and before she even sings it, I think it’s going to be a perfect song for her!!! That was one of my favorite songs from Lauren!!! She definitely won the round!!!!

Haley wraps up the night. I think the judges did a good job of picking a song for her. I thought this song was actually pretty good. It was my favorite song from her of the night. I still think that she won’t make it to the finale though.

3 comments:

  1. Another great round up! I love how I don't even have to watch the show and I can just catch up here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so far behind on this show. I had to "not read" this post so I dont get a head of myself. I plan on catching up this weekend.

    New follower from the Tuesday Train!
    http://realhousewifeofsingapore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night's show was great! Can't wait to see who goes home tonight.

    Found you through the blog hop. Following you now! =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)