Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Switched at Birth- Premiere episode

So as soon as I saw the preview for this show, I knew I had to watch it. It’s called “Switched at Birth”. There’s a girl named Bay. In school, they were testing their blood type and she found out that hers was AB. Her dad said that was impossible because his was O and her mom’s was A. They got genetic testing done and they believe that there was a mix-up at the hospital when Bay was a baby. Daphne is the other girl on the show, whom we discover is deaf. This has me wondering how often this actually happens, babies getting switched at the hospital. I probably doesn’t happen that often nowadays.

So now they are talking about the names and why they were picked. That makes me wonder again, does that mean that their names are going to change? Is Bay really Daphne and Daphne really Bay? I have definitely never seen a show like this before and I’ve never thought about all these things before, it’s kind of interesting.

Another thing…if the girls weren’t switched at birth they would be two completely different people. It has got to be a tough situation. They can’t just live with their new parents and forget the ones they grew up with.

So Daphne’s biological parents want her to go to the school that Bay goes to. She goes to take a tour of the school and wanders on her own for a little bit. She then runs into Liam, which is Bay’s boyfriend. I’m thinking that if Daphne does go to that school, something will happen between her and Liam and then Bay won’t be too happy about it.

So, by the end of the show, we find out that Daphne and Regina (Bay’s biological mom) were going to be moving to Toledo. But instead, Bay suggests that they move into their guest house. So, that is what they do.

Well, that’s it for the first episode. I thought it was pretty good. It definitely got me wondering what it would be like to be in that situation. It would be really weird!!! Leave me comments and let me know what you thought if you watched the show. Or, if you didn’t watch it, just let me know what you think based on my comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)