Saturday, June 25, 2011

My CVS and Weis trip!!

I just have to say that extreme couponing is awesome!!!! We were on our way home from the store last night and I felt so proud of myself for the savings that we got!!! We decided to skip Giant because it’s a little farther away than CVS and Weis and I didn’t really have a big list for there. So first up we went to CVS. We got everything on my list except for 3 things. The coupon I had for Caress body wash expired a few days ago and I didn’t realize it. We were going to get the Schick hydro 5 since it was buy one get one free but then decided my fiancĂ© didn’t need it and the coupon was only for a dollar off and didn’t really make it that cheap. And the Gain dish liquid for 97 cents was sold out. We are going to start going shopping on Monday night’s instead of Friday so that the items we want don’t run out. I said before going that the cost was going to be around $14. So let’s see how I did.

Here is what we got:

4 boxes of cereal, 3 boxes of poptarts, and 1 tube of toothpaste

100_2204

The total without coupons would have been: $29.86

We saved: $14.37

Our total with coupons was: $15.49

We also got $2.00 extra bucks for buying the toothpaste. So already we have $2.00 off our next purchase!!

The best deal we got at CVS was definitely the cereal!! It was $6 for 4 boxes!!

When we left CVS I was very proud of my savings. But like I told my fiance, that was just a warm-up. We were going to save a lot more at Weis!!!

So at Weis we got everything on our list, and then some. But I still think we got a great deal!!! I estimated that the cost would be around $40, but I knew it was going to be more since we got a few extra things.

We got:

3 jars of Ragu pasta, 2 packages of Perdue chicken nuggets, 10 yogurts, 10 gatorade, 1 package of baby carrots, 2 packages of hot dogs, 6 hamburger helpers, 4 suddenly salads, 4 boxes of pizza rolls, 1 box of cake mix, 1 box of frosting, a sandwich container, 1 bag of bagels

100_2203

We saved: $30.39 (only $8.94 of that was from coupons, the rest was from the store card)

Our total without coupons and savings: $97.22

We saved: $39.33

Our total with savings: $57.89

We also got a store coupon or $5.00 off our next shopping trip!!

I think the best deal we got at Weis was the 6 boxes of Hamburger Helper for only $4!!!

So overall, I think our first shopping trip using coupons went very well!! I can’t wait to get tomorrow’s Sunday paper (2 of them actually) and get more coupons!!! Then I’m gonna look through the ads and plan my next trip. I don’t know if we will go every week though. Maybe only if we need stuff or if we can get stuff for really cheap. Does anyone else coupon? If so, I want to know how often you go grocery shopping. Thanks for reading and be sure to stay tuned for more of my shopping adventures!! Have a great Saturday night everyone!! I’m off to see Cars 2!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is pretty amazing. I am clueless when it comes to this stuff. Being a single mom of three I am always trying to save money at the market.. but no matter what I do I am still spending about 140.00 per week.. even those big discount stores dont help much.
    Stopping by your blog often for tips.. I nee HELP! LOL
    xoxo Crystal Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)