Thursday, June 16, 2011

The hotel is booked!!!

We were originally going to be going to the beach for 3 nights. Well, now we are only going for 2 nights. See, I booked the hotel for 3 nights and then I got a call from the site that I booked it from saying that the hotel is already booked on the 3rd night. Apparently they got booked on the 3rd night we wanted to stay there and forgot to put it in their system, so that’s how I was able to book all 3 nights. So, I just had them keep the 2 night stay and we will just be leaving the beach a day sooner than we were going to. Which is alright for me. It’s only about $115 for the 2 nights. I think our goal for the trip is to spend less than $300. I think that is completely possible. We are going to take bread and lunch meat and other food so we won’t have to eat out a lot while we’re there. The hotel doesn’t have a fridge so we will just have to take a cooler and keep it stocked with ice to keep everything cold. So, if you take our $300 budget minus the $115 for the hotel that leaves us with $185. I want to eat at the Rainforest Cafe while we’re there, so I’m going to guess that it’ll be around $40 for that. Now we are down to $145. I’d say we could spend around $30 for the few groceries we’ll be taking with us, which gives us $115 to spend on the boardwalk. We might not even need that much but it’s better to over guess than under guess.

I am so looking forward to this beach trip! It’s been 2 years since my fiancĂ© and I have been to the beach. I’ve been working 6 days a week which is more than I’ve worked in the past summers. I normally get 2 days off work but for some reason this year I’m only getting 1. It will just be so nice to get away and relax for a few days!!! Also, my summer class is over in a week and I’ve been working so hard in it so I deserve a little vacation!

Don’t forget to enter my current giveaways. One of them doesn’t have any entries at the moment so your chances of winning are really good right now!!! Have a great Thursday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. That's so exciting- I wish I had a trip coming up to look forward to. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, following your from purple clay!!
    Hope you will follow back on my blogs both of them pls..
    http://seemask.blogspot.com
    http://confessionofascrapaholic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to a beach would be SO nice! Hope you guys have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)