Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Idols- Where are they now?

I thought of a great idea the other day when I was at breakfast with a friend. We were talking about some of the past Idol contestants and wondering where they are at now. So, I’ve decided that I’m going to try to write about one Idol per day and let you know what they are up to. I’m not guaranteeing that I’ll get to post one every single day, but I’ll do my best.
The first one I’ve decided to write about is Kimberly Caldwell.

She came in 7th place on the 2nd season back in 2003. It’s hard to believe it, but her debut album just came out today. That’s actually why I decided to write about her first. I got a tweet from American Idol saying that her debut album came out today, so I decided to buy it and check it out (I still have about $40 left on my iTunes gift cards from Christmas, haha). I’m listening to it as I write this and so far it sounds pretty good. But her CD songs aren’t the first songs she has released since being on the show. In 2008 she released 2 singles (“Fear of Flying” and “Gave Yourself Away”) which were both available on iTunes. On May 21, 2009 she announced that she signed a record deal with Vanguard Records and was expecting to have her debut album in stores in 2010. Shortly after she signed with Vanguard, that record label joined forces with EMI Music Group, so now Caldwell is under both of those labels and Capitol Records. It was then in December 2009 that her first single (“Mess of You”) was released. I guess that single didn’t do so well because I never heard anything about her or that song. She’s also probably known for being a correspondent for the entertainment/extreme sports program 54321 on FOX Sports Network and an entertainment correspondent and host for the TV Guide Network. I’m not sure how she’s going to do because it’s been 8 years since she was on Idol and I’m not sure that many people would remember her. But from what I’ve listened to from her CD (I’m about halfway done listening to it), it sounds pretty good and I could see her songs being played on the radio.
Click here to check out her site
Click here to follow her on Twitter
   
Here is one of the first pictures of Kimberly when she was on Idol. She has changed a lot! But she looks great!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a new follower from Wandering Wednesday Blog Hop.

    I've wondered about past Idol winners as well. My fav was Kelly Clarkson, but you rarely hear of most of them.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)