Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Another batch of girls, another season of drama…

I missed Glee tonight, had to go to a presentation. So I’ll have to try to watch it tomorrow sometime and then I’ll write my review. I heard that Terri and Sunshine were back, so that should be pretty interesting.

image

But on to 16 and Pregnant…it is back with all new girls. This show really makes me mad at times, but yet I still love to watch it for some reason. I’m trying to think of a reason that I like to watch it, but I really can’t. Maybe it’s just because I like drama when it’s not happening to me. I don’t know, there is just something about the show that is addictive. It’s like a car accident, you just can’t look away.

The first girl this season is Jordan. She has an identical twin named Jessica. So far I don’t see any problems with Jordan. I think it’s her sister that I’m going to dislike though. She seems to be jealous of Brian, Jordan’s boyfriend. So she was pregnant for the majority of her and Brian’s relationship? Well that’s lovely.

Brian seems like a good guy so far. He’s giving up college so that he can help take care of Jordan and the baby. I really hope he doesn’t mess things up, because it seems like he’s a great guy.

I can tell that Jordan and Jessica haven’t been apart for that long. I don’t that’s a good thing because they can’t be joined at the hip for the rest of their lives. That just really bugs me how Jessica feels as if she is getting pushed aside by Brian. I mean, didn’t they ever think about what would happen in the future when they both find someone and get married? They aren’t gonna be living together forever. I understand that they are really close, but still. I can’t fully understand how she feels because I don’t have a twin (I don’t even have a sibling close in age to me), so that has to be really hard for Jordan to decide if she wants her sister in the delivery room or not. Brian doesn’t want her in the room, and I can see where he’s coming from there. But I think that Jordan should let her sister in the delivery room. It’s not going to change anything between her and Brian. Brian will still be able to cut the cord if he wants and he could be one of the first to see and hold the baby.

They have a point, either way, someone is going to be mad. If Jessica is in the room, Brian will be mad. If Jessica isn’t in the room, Jordan will be mad. There is no way to get around that without one of them being mad. After thinking about it, I think that Jessica should be allowed in the room because she’s a blood relative. She’s Jordan’s twin sister. If I were in Jordan’s position, I would definitely want her in the room with me.

I am so not looking forward to giving birth. I really, really can’t wait to have a baby, but the birthing process seems really painful from what I’ve seen. And my roommate just said that her sister was in labor for 3 days!!!! I couldn’t imagine that!!!

Noah is a healthy baby boy, weighing 7 lbs, 14 oz. I’m so shocked that Jessica and Brian didn’t get into an argument at all. I’m really glad they didn’t though.

This is definitely different from any 16 & Pregnant that we’ve seen before. That has to be hard when you are a twin and then your twin has a baby. It’s has to be hard for Jordan to still give Jessica the attention that she gave her before. But I don’t blame her for saying that she has to be a mom first. She is right. But just because she is a mom doesn’t mean that she’s going to take Jessica out of her life completely. I just think that Jessica is overreacting a little bit about it. She doesn’t understand that Noah and Brian have to be Jordan’s number one priority. Yes she was a sister to her first, but now she is a mom, and I think that is a little more important. And it doesn’t change the fact that they are sisters. They will always be sisters.

I’m really glad that Jordan and Jessica are getting along because they don’t need the extra stress. They have to deal with Noah crying all the time. It turns out he had acid reflex so that’s why he was crying nonstop.

Overall, this was a pretty good episode of 16 & Pregnant. It was very different from the ones in the past. I think she is one of my favorite girls because she seems like she’s got a great support team and that she’s on the right track with things. There just doesn’t seem to be any drama with Jordan and Brian so I think that’s why I like them so much. But the whole “no drama” thing unfortunately isn’t going to last all season.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for tonight’s show. Let me know what you thought if you watched the show. Or even if you didn’t, let me know what you thought just based on my review!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower, please follow back at http://www.livingonadollar.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I am now following. Please stop by my blog Diaper Style Memoirs and follow back ;). Hope to see you there!

    Inessa
    www.diaperstylememoirs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I skipped 16 and Pregnant this time - I like it but can't bring myself to watch anymore of it because I feel somewhat opposed to its existence. (I'm sure I'll end up watching it on re-runs...lol.)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)