Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Top 13 Recap

Alright, tonight the top 13 sang. The one thing I don’t understand is why they even make a top 12 or 13 because only the top 10 go on tour. I mean, I guess once they get to the top 12, for the first two weeks it gives the contestants motivation to really do well because they all want to go on tour. I also don’t understand why they need a host for the host. It isn’t the first time that they’ve done this on the show before, but it just still baffles me.

Lauren- I was expecting a little more from her. It was just alright and it wasn’t her best. She could have picked a better song by Shania. I love her speaking voice. She has such a cute southern accent.

Side note: Ryan twittered as I was watching saying that they made the 13th contestant’s number 1-866-IDOLS-36 to avoid any superstitions and curses. I thought they had a top 13 before. Actually, yes, now that I think about it, they did. Anoop was the 13th contestant on season 8. I don’t remember them changing the number before and not using 13.

Casey- I thought his performance was like no other performance we saw on Idol, ever. I kind of agree with Jennifer, I kind of forgot what I was watching because it was so different. It was really good and I liked the choir.

Ashton- I’ve only ever heard this song on Idol as a group song, so I didn’t really like it just sung by one person. I thought she was just alright.

Paul: I’m surprised he didn’t pick a Rod Stewart song cause I would have thought that Rod Stewart was his idol. It looked like he was doing some Taylor Hicks moves. I’m not really a fan of him because he reminds me too much of Rod Stewart and I don’t like that kind of music.

Pia- That was a big song she sang, but I thought she did an amazing job! The song fit her perfectly and she is definitely safe this week, no question about it.

Another side note: Another new thing this year, there are seats all 360 degrees around the stage. You can tell that because right under the American Idol logo above the stage you can see heads of people. I only noticed this because Josh and Jen from the Idol Review were in the audience! I tweeted Josh to see where they were in the audience, just jokingly to see if I could find them. I didn’t think I’d be able to find them though because come on, there are tons of people in the audience. But, he responded and told me that they were behind the “N” and “I” in American Idol, and to look for them when James and Haley waved to a camera before a commercial break. I looked, and I saw them! I only saw Josh thought, sorry Jen. I’ll watch it again and look for you!! I just thought that was really cool seeing them.

James- I thought he was really good!!  That was one of my favorites from him! And he is definitely safe this week, too!!

Haley- I thought she did a really good job, too. That was one of my favorite performances from her.

Jacob- I didn’t like his version of “I Believe I Can Fly”. I have a feeling that I’ll be one of the few people that didn’t like it though because I bet a lot of people will like it. I guess I’m just not into the kind of music that his voice sounds like.

Thia- I still don’t understand how a girl can remind Randy of Michael Jackson. I liked the beginning of the song but I didn’t really like the second half of it. It just sounded really different than the first part. I don’t think she needed to change it up like that. But overall I thought she did a good job with the song.

That was hilarious when Ryan went over to Steven and he’s like “What’s this?” And Steven goes “That’s my biggest fan”. That was probably the funniest thing said on the show tonight.

Steffano- He sang one phrase, and I said “Ick”. But then it got better. I really liked the arrangement because that was very different.

Karen- Eh, she was alright. I don’t really have much to say about her, sorry.

Scotty- He looks and sounds like he’s been doing this all his life. He sounds really good! And I’m never going to be able to get over the fact that he is only 17 years old!! He’s going to make it far in this competition!!

Naima- I love the song “Umbrella” by Rihanna. And I thought she did a great job with it!!! What a great way to end the show. She really made it her own. She kind of reminds me of how Blake Lewis would change up all of the songs he sang. I thought he changed em up better though, but Naima did a good job with it, too.

So overall, the top 13 did a great job. It’s gonna be hard deciding who is leaving. I’m gonna take a guess and say that the bottom 3 will be Haley, Thia, and Karen. Then I’m going to say that Haley will leave. No wait, Thia, no Karen, haha. It’s so hard to pick just one of them! But my final answer will be Haley. That’s all for now, leave me comments!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)