Wednesday, February 9, 2011

“Just because somebody farts, let them keep singing”

Is it just me or have there been less auditions this season? I’m not complaining though. At this point every year I’m getting sick of auditions and ready for Hollywood week, so bring it on!

Brittany Mazur, Lara Johnston, and Matthew Nuss were three of my favorites and I could see them making it through Hollywood and into the top 24.

Steffano Langone was the first sob story of the night. He was another great contestant and his story is incredible! They thought he was dead when they arrived at the scene but he wasn’t. I liked when Steven said, “You survived that accident for a reason, cause you’re going to Hollywood!”

Karaoke host, Clint Jun Gamboa, was actually better than I thought he would be. I thought that because he was just the person that runs karaoke, that he wouldn’t be good. And I also thought that the people who would tell him he should go try out singing were just being nice to him. But wow, he shocked me.

Here we go, here is our next American Idol…a Transformer!!! Like, seriously? Was that a serious audition Drew Beaumier? People on this show are ridiculous! Like I said before, I can’t believe that there are still people using gimmicks when they audition. We’re ten seasons in…if you’ve watched this show before, you should know that gimmicks don’t work!

Julie Zorrilla was one of my favorites of the night and like Steven and Jennifer, I liked her shoes. Randy is right, the last time I remember hearing that song sung really well was back in season 3 when Fantasia sang it. Julie did a wonderful job!

“Real men have long hair”…that’s a new saying that I’ve never heard before. I don’t agree with that though, because I don’t like guys with long hair at all.

Her house burned down a week before the audition? That reminds me of Kelly Clarkson, because I believe her and her friends’ apartment burned down the day they moved in. And right after that happened, her friend heard about the Idol auditions, and then the rest is history. I thought Emily Anne Reed is very unique and not like anyone else we’ve ever seen on Idol. I’m so glad they gave her another chance.

Alright, the last one of the night. And I’ve noticed that they have been showing sob stories as the last audition of the night. And this one was really sad. I can’t imagine what it would be like to lose your dad at such a young age. James Durbin is a 21-year-old father, with no job. And he also has tourette’s, but it goes away when he sings. I remember a contestant in the past that was exactly like that. That’s incredible. He’s another Adam Lambert wannabe. I swear, I turn my head away from the TV and I could mistake him for Adam. But I think he is really good and could make it far in the competition.

So the auditions have come to a close. I think we’ve seen some pretty good auditions this year. And I think we may have seen the audition of our next American Idol. Tomorrow it is time for the drama to begin, so get ready for that! Leave me comments!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)