Thursday, February 3, 2011

Austin Auditions

Alright, so you know how I posted last night about me not watching American Idol live? Well now I can’t even watch it taped because I set my VCR (Yes, I still have and use a VCR) to tape on January 2nd, instead of February 2nd. So, I will just have to search for clips online and then do my review from that.

So they started out the show with an apology for Steven Tyler’s behavior on the show. How was that an apology when we all knew what he was going to mouth with his lips after he said “Read my lips”? Wow, I didn’t really find that funny at all.

The first contestant I found was Hollie Cavanagh who is a 17-year-old from Texas. She sounded really nervous and you could tell that because of her notes being off a little bit. They told her she wasn’t ready but then they asked her to sing another song. She sang “The Climb” and I thought she sounded a lot better with that song. I’m glad they gave her another chance!

Wow, Casey Abrams is really good. He kind of reminds me of Elliott Yamin. They should definitely put him through. And… they did! And according to my friends at the American Idol Fan Show (Check out their site here) he is trending on social networks already. I think we may have found a contestant that will at least make it into the top 10.

Corey Levoy is the next contestant that I saw a video of. I sense that he’s going to be a country singer, just by the way he looks. That’s cool that they’re letting his sister sit with them while he sings and help judge him. Alright, so he doesn’t sound too country to me, he just looks like he’d be the country type. But I think he sounds really good!!

John Wayne Shulz is definitely a country guy, the season 10 cowboy. I think we could have our country singer of the season, I like him.

Next up I watched a video of Janelle Arthur. She could be the country girl of this season. I really like her!!!

Alright, now on to some of the bad. I can’t just watch all the good ones, I gotta watch some of the bad. First up is the Ryan Seacrest stalker, Courtney Penry. Wow, she cried cause she was meeting Ryan?? That is definitely a first, I’ve never seen someone that obsessed with Ryan. And she can impersonate a chicken, wow! Eh, her voice wasn’t all terrible. She just needs some lessons and then she would be better. But wow, Jennifer and Steven put her through to Hollywood, I didn’t see that coming.

I can’t find a video of him, but there was a guy named Rodolfo Achar and apparently he had green Justin Bieber hair and sang “The Circle of Life". I really wish I would have gotten to see that. I did find a picture though. I guess you can’t really tell in the picture that his hair is green, cause it looks black to me.

Okay, it’s season 10, do people still need the costumes and gimicks? It’s getting old!!! Last night there was an armadillo that tried out. What makes you think that the judges are going to take you seriously when you’re wearing an armadillo costume? I totally agree with Randy’s reaction when he saw her.

Alright, well that’s about all I found on the Austin auditions. I’d say that from what I saw Austin auditions were alright. I don’t think the next Idol came from Austin. I won’t get to see Idol live tonight either, because I have to work, but I have made sure that my VCR (insert laughter here) is set for the right date. Leave me comments!

1 comment:

  1. No worries about the VCR. It's a simple fix. Do you see that 01? Make it 02! But beware, come March, you need to make it 03, and it only gets harder at the end of the year. Believe it or not, the 12 becomes 01 again. Crazy, right?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)