Sunday, June 10, 2012

Congrats Miley and Liam!!

So last week, Miley Cyrus got engaged to her boyfriend Liam Hemsworth. My local radio station asked it’s listeners on Facebook and Twitter are their thoughts on the engagement and if they think Miley is too young. I just had to post about this because like Miley, I was 19 when I got engaged. I was 19 and my fiancé was turning 19 in less than a month. So no, I don’t think Miley is too young to be engaged. I think when you are with the person you want to be with for the rest of your life, you just know. Every relationship moves at a different pace. To tell you the truth, my fiancé and I started talking about getting married about a month into the relationship. We both knew that we were meant for each other and that we wanted to spend our lives together. So then we waited until we were together for at least a year (it was about a year and 4 months to be exact) and now 3 years later, we are still together. And when we get married, we will have been together for about 4 years and 1 month.

I don’t think there should be a rule that says you have to be together for a certain amount of time or that you have to be a certain age before getting engaged. I’m not saying that 16 year olds should go out and get engaged. But if 19 year olds do, then I think that’s fine. Have a long engagement, stay with that person to make sure that you really want to be with them forever. That’s another debate, that marriage doesn’t necessarily mean ‘forever’, but I won’t go into that now. For me, marriage does mean forever. I grew up with parents who were never married and then both my parents were married at least twice. So for me, I’m getting married once and that’s it!

What are your thoughts on this? Leave me your comments!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)