Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Bachelorette

So I’ve never watched an episode of the Bachelor or Bachelorette before and I don’t know why. It may be that there were other shows on at the same time so I didn’t have the time to watch either show. But I taped the season premiere of the Bachelorette last night and I wanted to write about what I thought as I watched it. I was hooked from the very beginning. Emily’s story is so touching! A single mother whose daughter never even got the chance to meet her father because he died in a plane crash before she was born. And then Emily was on the Bachelor and ended up being the girl that he picked. But then something happened and they broke off their engagement. She even said herself that being on the Bachelorette is a big risk but she is willing to take that risk to find a husband and a father figure for her daughter. So this season on the Bachelorette, she will meet 25 men and hopefully find her husband.

imageWatching her meeting the guys for the first time was awesome! I can’t imagine what was going through her mind at that moment. Instead of mentioning all of the guys, I’m going to mention some of the ones that stuck out to me.

Doug is a single dad with an 11-year-old so I think Emily loves that about him.

Jackson immediately took her hand, got down on one knee, and said “Life’s not about how many breaths we take, but about how many moments take our breaths away. And this is one of those moments.” Kind of cheesy but sweet at the same time. 

Aaron came out and said, “I’m a high school biology teacher but I’m here to have chemistry with you,” yet another cheesy line. 

Jef decided to skip the limo and instead came out on a skateboard behind the limo.

Next up was Tony who had a pillow with a glass slipper on it and said his name was “Charming, Prince Charming.” He’s looking for his princess, how cute!!! Then he put the shoe on her foot and it was a perfect fit!

Travis was carrying an egg that he said was a symbol of Emily and her daughter and that he will take care of the egg throughout the journey. That was kind of strange, but okay.

Ryan pulled out some notes that he had taken so he would remember what to say and on one side of the paper it said “You are beautiful” and the other side said “I’m so nervous”. That was cute!

Next, a helicopter appeared. One of the guys was like, “What if it’s Brad?” It wasn’t, it was just Kalon. I don’t think the other guys were impressed by that, but I think Emily was.

I think any one of those guys would be perfect for her! This is going to be a great season!! Once she met all the guys individually, she got to see them all again, but this time they were all together. Doug gave Emily a note that his son, Austin, wrote for her. That was adorable!! I definitely think Doug could be the one. But then again, it’s still too early to tell because they are all great guys!

After she got the chance to mingle with the guys for a little bit, the host brought out the first impression rose which Emily has to give to a guy and that guy is safe at the first rose ceremony. Seeing that rose pushed some of the guys to get their one-on-one time with Emily. I think it’s funny how the guys are already fighting over her. When she found out that Arie is a race car driver, she kind of seemed nervous at first, but she said she is fine with that. Her first fiancé was a race car driver and was actually on his way to a race when he died so Arie was nervous to tell her that.

Next Emily took that first impression rose and asked to see Doug so she could give him the first impression rose. She loved the note that she got from his son and the fact that he is a single dad. I think she picked a great guy to give the rose to! He deserved it!

Up next was the rose ceremony. At this stage in the game it’s hard to tell who she will send home. I think she likes a lot of those guys and is going to have a hard time deciding which ones to send home. The ones that left were Brent, David, Jackson, Jean-Paul, Lerone, and Randy. I’m not really surprised about her eliminating any of those guys. She definitely kept the right guys there.

I’m glad I decided to check out the show because it looks like it is going to be a great season! So be sure to check back each week to read my recap of each show!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)