Thursday, July 7, 2011

CVS and Weis trip (7/5)

We didn’t need that many things this week. But I found some good deals on some stuff so we decided to make a quick trip. And since we went to see fireworks Monday night, I was at my aunt’s house last night, and as you are reading this we are away at the beach, we had to go Tuesday night.

So first up was Kmart. When we went there last night, we got a coupon print out for $10 of any purchase of $10 or more. I was so excited about this!! One of the things we needed was trash bags so we got a box of 65 Glad trash bags. My fiancé is on a kick for flavored sparkling water for some reason ever since we got some at Giant last week. He got some at Weis the other day but he didn’t like it. It turns out, he got flavored seltzer water instead of sparkling water. So he picked out 4 bottles of Kmart’s flavored sparkling water.

100_2270

We got those 5 items for: $6.62
Total savings: $10.00

Up next we went to CVS. We got 2 toothbrushes that cost $1 each, but then we got the $2 we spent for them back in Extra Care Bucks. I was going to get 3 things of Dawn detergent but it ended up being smaller than what I thought it was. It was going to be 30 ounces for $2.97 which comes out to about $0.10 per ounce. The 2 bottles I got gave me 32 ounces for $3.34 which comes out to $0.10 per ounce. I just figured that out now, not while I was at the store, so I made a pretty good deal. I got 2 extra ounces than what I would have got if I stuck to my list and got the Dawn. I went to the coupon kiosk and got a coupon for a free Hershey’s Air Delights bar, but they were out of them so I just got a Hershey’s with almonds bar for free. I also got a coupon that printed out for $2 off Skittles, Starburst, or some other candy, so I got a bag of Starburst for $0.50. We were going to get some bottled water to take with us to the beach, but they were out of it. Oh, and did I mention my fiancé picked up more sparkling water at CVS?

100_2268Total before coupons: $45.42
Total after coupons: $28.17
Total savings: $17.25

Our last stop of the night was Weis.  I only had 2 things on my list, but we ended up getting more than that. I think the best deal we got was 2 boxes of brownie mix for $1. They were on sale 10 for 10, and I had a coupon for $1 off of 2, making it 2 for $1. Sunny D was on sale 2/$3 so I got that because it has a longer expiration date than orange juice, and it is cheaper. The Sun Drop is for my general manager who’s last day is Sunday :( Oh, and you see that bottle beside the milk? Yup, that’s another bottle of flavored sparkling water. I guess my fiance wants to taste every different brand of it he can.

100_2269

Total before coupons: $27.90
Total after coupons: $21.02
Total savings: $5.88

So overall we didn’t save that much this week but we did save some. And some is better than none. Next week we will try to get the stuff we didn’t get this week and we also have to get meat, so we can’t really save there. Have a great day everyone! I will do a post from the beach tomorrow!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)