I am really excited about this giveaway because I get to try out a new way of running giveaways. It's using a site called Rafflecopter. What is Rafflecopter you may ask? It is an application that will help people create, run, and organize giveaways on their blogs. This saves a lot of time when managing giveaways and also makes it a lot easier for people to enter giveaways. I haven't even used it to run a giveaway but I love it already!! If you run giveaways on your blog, you're gonna want to check out their site.
Who said making your own gummies is just for kids? I love eating anything gummy and I love making things so why not put the two together? Glee Gum has three different “Make Your Own” kits: gummies, chocolate, and chewing gum. If you can't tell by their name, gum is what they are known for because Glee Gum is the only gum made in North America that is made the old-fashioned way, with chicle. Chicle is a natural tress sap harvested from rainforests of Central America. It is all-natural, gluten-free and has no artificial coloring, flavoring, sweeteners, or preservatives. There was a time that all chewing gum was made with chicle, but now most gum is made of entirely synthetic ingredients. Glee Gum uses chicle because it is eco-friendly and even the packaging is “green” because it is made from biodegradable, recycled cardboard.
So, onto my review of the Make Your Own Gummies Kit. It provides easy-to-follow instructions that anyone aged 8 and up could understand. I’ll take you through the step-by-step with pictures of each step.
1. Soak- First you place the dried seaweed in a bowl of water to soak. There’s an interesting story of what the seaweed is for that you can read if you get the kit.
2. Choose your shapes- There aren’t any plastic molds with the kit because Glee Gum wants you to make your candies into any shape you like. Just find some household objects that you’d like to use to make some molds. It suggests small and shallow objects with minimal detail, such as refrigerator magnet numbers and letters. You could even use your fingers or your whole hand. Just make sure you wash and dry all of the figures before you start.
Here is what I used. I also just used my fingers to make impressions.
3. Make imprints- Pour the molding starch onto a dinner plate and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon. Then press your objects into the molding starch and lift then out carefully. I just took my fingers and made small holes.
4. Mix- In a small bowl, mix the powdered seaweed with 1/2 cup of water and stir. Remove the dried seaweed from the bowl of water that it was soaking in and add it to the mixture.
5. Heat- I used the microwave, so I put it in for 2 minutes at high power. It says to heat it until it foams up.
6. Remove- When you take it out of the microwave, remove the big piece of seaweed with a fork.
7. Stir- Stir in the flavored, colored sugar packet into the mixture. Then put it back in the microwave for another minute or until it foams again.
8. Mold- Pour the mixture into the impressions you made them put them into the fridge for 10 minutes
9- Coat- Remove the gummies from the molding starch and rub them with a damp cloth to remove extra starch. Then put them in a bag with the sour mix and shake it so the gummies get coated. It’s kind of like shake and bake.
10. Repeat- You will have extra gummy mixture, so smooth out the molding starch, make new impressions, heat up the mixture until it foams again, and pour.
11- Eat- Now you get to eat your delicious gummies!!
Like I said before, this kit isn’t just for kids. But I’m sure that any kid would have a great time with it!!
Click here to find out where you can buy Glee Gum’s Make Your Own Candy Kits. Each kit is only $13.
And now for the giveaway…one lucky winner will receive 1 kit of their choice. The winner will choose from: Make Your Own Chocolate, Make Your Own Chewing Gum, or Make Your Own Gummies.