Thursday, May 5, 2011

I couldn’t stay away from it…

So, I didn’t watch 16 and Pregnant on Tuesday night and I said I wasn’t going to watch it. But…I couldn’t not watch it, so I’ve decided that I’m going to.

This one is about a girl named Jaime. She’s 17 year old, straight A student from North Carolina. So far Ryan, her boyfriend and the baby’s dad, is still with her, but he doesn’t seem like a keeper. He’s a partier, speed demon, and he got his license taken away because of a DUI. That definitely sounds like the type of guy I want to be with…NOT!!! Her mom is right, she’s going to have to learn how to do it on her own because I don’t think he is going to change and grow-up over night.

I agree that her dad has no right to care about his daughter being pregnant because he hasn’t been in her life. He started a new life with a new family and doesn’t talk to Jaime that much. It’s nice that they met up and got a chance to talk. They agreed to make a point of being in each others lives more. That was good to see.

Wow…she just said “My high school is very supportive of pregnant teens.” That isn’t something to be proud of. That’s almost like the school is saying that they don’t care if you get pregnant because you can just bring your baby along to school with you and drop them off at the daycare.

Ryan is MIA when Jaime goes into labor…I am not surprised one bit. Her dad is also MIA. But Ryan finally showed up 5 hours later after she went into labor and he was hung over.  I’m glad Jaime kicked him out of the hospital after Miah was born. He didn’t deserve to be there because he didn’t show up right away when she went into labor. I’m glad that her dad did come to see Jaime and the baby.

I can’t believe that Ryan wants to take Miah to his house. He is not responsible enough to take his daughter by himself. I don’t know why he doesn’t understand that. It’s not that Jamie wants to keep Ryan away from his daughter. She just doesn’t trust him enough to be alone with her, and I don’t blame her one bit.

I’d be kind of scared having my baby on a school  bus. I can’t believe they even allow baby’s on school busses. But at least she has a place to take Miah and she doesn’t have to rely on her mom to take care of her. What I don’t get is why they have to pull her out of class so she can feed Miah. Can’t she pump milk so that they have it for the whole day?

Wow, Ryan cheated on Jamie when she was pregnant? And he was probably with another girl when Jamie went into labor? I would drop all contact with him immediately. She deserves way better than him.

I liked this episode. Even though things didn’t work out between Jamie and Ryan, Jamie has a good head on her shoulders and is putting he daughter first. She doesn’t care about Ryan anymore and that is a great thing! She has her mom helping her out which is also another plus.

So what did you think of this episode? Even if you didn’t watch it, what do you think based on what I wrote? Leave me comments!!!

Nicole's Random Blog Hop
PhotobucketPregnancy and Baby 411 Fab Friends Thursday Blog Hop The Things We Find Inside Twitter Hop

1 comment:

  1. haha, who needs to watch it when you give an excellent play-by-play!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)