Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Top 12 Girls

Alright, so I’m only getting to watch the top 12 girls perform now, but better late than never. Plus, it will be quicker cause I can fast forward through all the commercials.

Ta-Tynisha was up first singing “Only Girl in the World”. I thought she did that song really well. And I think that already the girls are off to a great start, better than the guys started off. I loved Ryan’s comment about Randy being here 10 years now and that it takes a lot to move him.

Next up was Naima singing “Summertime”. The last time we heard this song done really well on the show was by Fantasia in season 3, so I hope Naima can sing it well. Wow, I almost thought when I first heard it that it was a totally different song, just had the same name as the song I was thinking of. But, it’s the same song that I thought of when I first heard her say “Summertime”. She totally changed it up and I thought she sounded amazing!

Kendra sang next and I thought she was really, really good. I don’t remember hearing her before so this might be the first time I’m hearing her. I think she is one of my favorites now and I hope she makes it in the top 10.

Next up was Rachel. I loved her from her audition when Jennifer said she remembered her from when she auditioned before. And like Jennifer, I remember Rachel from the first time she auditioned. I was kind of disappointed a little by her performance this week because I thought I remember her being better than that. I think she will still make it into the top 10 though, and I really hope she does!

Karen is another contestant that I don’t remember seeing before. But I thought she sounded really good. Mariah Carey’s “Hero” is a big song so that was a brave move to sing that song. But I thought she did it very well. I thought she Spanish part was really cool.

I just realized now that there are two Lauren’s in the top 12 girls, so I’ll have to use their last names while both of them are still on the show. Lauren Turner sang first out of the Lauren’s. I really enjoyed her performance. I don’t think we’ve had a contestant like her on the show before so that’s nice. She’s another girl that I can see in the top 10.

Ashton was up next. I thought she was really good as well. All of the girls so far are really good so I think it’s gonna be hard to see any of them leave.

Next was Julie. I definitely remember her from her audition. She’s the one that the judges said could be the winner. I thought her rendition of Kelly Clarkson’s song “Breakaway” was really good!!! Just hearing that song on the show, it’s still hard to believe that it’s been 10 years since Kelly won the first season, I just still can’t believe how fast time flies by!! Julie changed parts of the song up a little bit and I really enjoyed it! It is always good when the contestants make the song their own and don’t just try to copy the original artist. I can’t believe Randy thought she didn’t change it at all. I thought there were a few tiny parts that it was different. I totally disagree with the judges on that song!!!

Haley sang “Fallin’” by Alicia Keys, which is another big song. It’s always a big risk to sing a song like this. But she changed it up at parts and I thought she did a great job and made it her own. But I guess I heard differently than Randy yet again. Steven and Jennifer liked it though. I agree it wasn’t the best she could have been, but it was good enough.

Next was Thia who took a huge risk by starting out her song a capella. I can’t believe she is only 15!! She sounded really good!!

Next was another one of my favorites, Lauren Alaina. I loved her from her audition as well! It’s hard to believe that she’s only 16!! I loved her version of Reba’s “On the Radio”. Lauren sounds really good singing country. I agree with Randy, she is kind of like a mix between Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.

Pia wrapped up the night singing “I’ll Stand By You'”, and I thought it was really good!!!!

Alright, so now it is time for me to decide which 5 guys and 5 girls I think are going to be safe tonight. For the guys I’m going to say: Clint, Casey, James, Scotty, and Brett. For the girls I will say: Lauren Alaina, Rachel, Julie, Naima, and Haley.

And actually, now that I’m looking at those 2 lists, I think those are just the 10 people I would like to see in the top 10. And it was really hard to pick just 5 of each, especially for the girls!! I can’t believe they are going right from the top 24 to the top 12 in one week. It is definitely easier to just vote of 2 guys and 2 girls each week till we have the top 12. But also, I just remembered that the judges are picking a wildcard or two. I don’t know how many they are picking though, it might be just one.

Well, that is all for now. It’s gonna be a hard decision tonight because the contestants were all so good!!! Leave me comments!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)