Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Why hello there, Idol finale

My fiancé and I stopped watching this season of American Idol a few weeks ago because we don’t really care for any of the contestants this season. The one thing I can’t understand is how the judges can say that this is the best season they’ve ever had. Really?? Well I beg to differ. There have definitely been better seasons than this one. Like season 4 where Carrie Underwood won (isn’t she one of the most successful artists to come from the show). Or season 6 with Jordin Sparks. Or seasons 1-10. Pretty much every other season but this season have been good. This season was so uninteresting to me that I’m not even going to see the Idols on tour this summer. And that’s a huge deal for me because ever since season 3, me and my mom have been going to see the Idols Live Tour (3 of those years my fiancé was also with). At first I said that we would just get the cheapest tickets we could get because of me and my fiance saving money for our wedding. Then we decided that to save even more money, we could just not go at all. And we’re both fine with that, because as I said before, we didn’t really care that much about this season.

The only contestants we liked were Skylar, Colton, and Hollie. They should have been the final 3!!! America got it all wrong!!!

The only reason I watched the finale tonight is because I want to see the past Idol contestants perform. Fantasia Barrino was the first Idol alumni to perform and I gotta ask one thing: what the heck was she wearing? I was never a huge Fantasia fan but she didn’t sound too bad.

Some performances I enjoyed:

Skylar sang “On the Radio” with Reba. I really like Skylar and thought that she did an awesome job with the song! And it was awesome to see Reba!

Hollie sang with Jordin Sparks! Jordin was so beautiful!!! Her hair is really long!!! I could never let my hair go that long!

They showed a clip of Randy and how he tells people they are so good that they could sing the phone book. So they put that to the test and had the top 10 sing the phonebook. That was kind of funny. I’m surprised they haven’t done anything like that in any of the past seasons.

So apparently Ace Young and Diana DeGarmo are dating and Ryan brings him up on the stage. In the back of my mind, I knew what was going to happen when they got up on stage, and I was right!! Ace proposed to Diana!!! That was so cute!!!! I didn’t even know that they were dating and now they are engaged!!!

Am I the only person that didn’t know that Dreamgirls was a broadway show long before it was a movie with Jennifer Hudson? And that the person who played Effie in the broadway version is Jennifer Holiday, not to be confused with Jennifer Hudson, who played Effie in the movie. I had no idea who Jennifer Holiday was until now. I had read something somewhere recently that mentioned the song “And I Am Telling You” and it said that it was sung by Jennifer Holiday and I was just like “No!! It is sung by Jennifer Hudson!!!” Now that thing I read makes sense!

And the winner of American Idol 2012 is…Phillip Phillips. I really pity that guy for his name. What were his parents thinking when they named him, seriously?? So there ya have it…another season of American Idol has come to an end. And quite frankly, I’m kind of glad. This season was just a flop for me. No one impressed me that much and the few that did, didn’t make it as far as they should have. If you watched the finale, what did you think? Leave me your comments!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comments! (I do my best to respond to them all!! :)